Pages

3.11.2010

hello again

strange events, the last couple of rides, be it on the Mtb yesterday, or the road today.  I ran into both of the peeps I was a good samartian to.  The first I helped on the trails yesterday.  He had a broken chain.  I stopped, lent a hand, and soon both of us are on our ways.  Today I stopped during my RR to fill the bottle, about 40 miles from yesterdays repair location, and the dude comes up riding, says hey, thanks for the help yesterday. 
the second one yesterday, was a deaf older chubby bloke from Boston trying to locate his grandmother home. He remembered visiting it as a kid and knew it was somewhere along wissahickon park.  That was a little tricky trying to tell him how to get there, until he popped in his hearing aides (which only helped a bit).  We both sorta nodded like we knew, and headed on our rides.  
I never stop here, but was thinking about Chads last blog entry, then I wanted a coke.  Chad told me a bit about this guy.  I think its Bob, 83, been working it for 66 years now.
He's a good guy, a nice chat, and I sat on the bench and chewed my soft preztle and enjoyed a special can of coke. 
The bloke from Boston rolled by, I looked back up and he'd circled back.  Said he found his Grandmother home, and thats its looking good.  He gave a nice nod to me, and he rode off.

Built to Spill's song Hindsight keeps finding its way to play into the mix.  and for some reason I'm stuck on a line, trying to figure out what it means. "Is that grass just greener, ...cause its fake?"
                                                                 

I never enjoy watching the videos peeps put into blogs, but... if you want here it is.  Rather you listened to it as just music.  Its a great record, just go get it.   You can trust me.

cheers, dlowe.

sorry:


No comments: