Pages

2.03.2009

depth

I went to college to be a still photographer, when I came out, I had lost my interest in the art of photography. I didn't like the tedious darkroom work. Alone, no light, except the "safe light" and the occasional on/off of the enlarger. There always seem to be dust, or some tech. thing corrupting my work. I got deep into music, fell in love, became a grip, and waited for time to catch up to me. Still photography is digital now, just point and shoot away, somehow something will get in front of the lens and be interesting enough to show others. Flow we all know, when you hit that well designed course, or trail. It all doesn't work, some have the soul for it, taking a picture, plotting the trails, making a cross course that has a personality. Most don't. The snow started coming down this afternoon, I waited for the sun to set. Pulled out the single speed and pedaled out the driveway and rode over to the plateau. Hit some trails, pedaled down to the drives, up through Manayunk, and back around the bluff to the Bala Train station. I feel good, yeah, real good. cheers, dlowe





No comments: