Pages

2.13.2009

viva la high

I am a sandbagger. By profession. Its my job. I've never sandbagged a race, I always try to ride and race with riders that are faster than me. I have no use in beating someone that is slower than me. I learn more, suffer more, race longer, in all, get more for the bang for the buck. As far as work goes it is an important job, sandbagging. You gotta make sure all is safe, that the wind is not going to topple the equipment over. A lot of good sandbagging means sitting and watching. I got the call and time from Chad and was out the door for a good long road ride on Saturday. After a tough end of the year for me, my spirit has come back. It was a very good ride with friends/teammates. I always try to learn something on each ride, notice something, and store it all away. Its what makes us so refined, HA, sorta. but here's my tips for you. Look at the places you ride by, try them out. I must of thought about stopping at Marchiano's for the last 2 hrs of the ride. It was a long ride, 110 miles. So I was a bit hungry. The women shoved my pepper and egg bread into my jersey pocket and I rolled over to La Colombe to enjoy it with some coffee. VERY NICE, food taste really good when your hungry.
Today I got out on the mountain bike and hit the trails before they melted to muck in the sun. I went up the back side of the hill, to ride past the old mill houses. A simple day today, do some reading, go out for a beer and watch the Tour of Cal. on Tivo. Viva the refined cyclocrosser! cheers dlowe.


sorry about the music player creepiness, I can't find one that is easy to use... Yet. Enjoy my next musical selection, with a special cyclocross racer dedication to Stan,... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE "PU KLANG".

Pu Klang

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog dork. needs more chicks and less bikes. I'd like to hear an entry concerning the rising tide of bikers using non-biking trails in fairmount park. ptew on them. btw where are all your "hand" photos? did I not go back far enough?

Anonymous said...

what's a grip