Pages

10.15.2017

the West Chester Cyclocross race

Yeoman















Today I did my work.  
I met some goals, and I think, I did better than I expected, with a 5th place finish. 
Douglas Gray, chased me down, I cleared my head, quick made a plan, snuck by him, and made it stick to the line. 

Bob Reuther and team made a good race great, with gentle tweaks to a tough race, that made it better.
Just pushing or pulling a stake in or out, making a corner, flow, but with challenge, 
that's a good course. 

today I got off the line fine, 
even put my nose out in the clean air for a short bit. 
But this race is an honest maker, and 
I could'nt stay up front.

my goals in cross, some are not about the racing, 
I got to the course early, and had a bit of nice extra time.
Pedaling around the parking lots, I got a chance to stop and chat 
and listen, shake hands, 
talk racing, 
with, 
whomever I came across. 


There is no way to explain this to someone, cyclocross
how it is, 
what it is like. 
Hopefully you do your best and are able to give it your all. 
on and off the bike. 

good weekend.  dlowe










1 comment:

BEichlin said...

Nice post Dave. It was great talking and racing with you today.