Pages

10.08.2017

Charmed!

             





there was something special about this weekend.



















the two days of racing, I finished with a sprint to the line against a junior.  We start infront of them, and mix together during the racing, I don't know if he caught me or I came up to him.
But after the planter, I looked over at him, "sprint to the line?"
and he knew what I meant.

Little did he know, how much beat down this old man has had over the years,
and that last year, this same situation, I pimped Paul Wahner for 2nd.

We went at it.
Him into the last few corners first,
and out of the last corners onto the pavement,
I picked it up,
and three pedal strokes, shift,
hold back,
and pimped him at the line.

It made me happy, shit it took me about 5 minutes up by the zoo,
some place private
to catch my breath.

I saw him and his dad, he was laying on the ground,
his dad laughing and patted me on the back
him smiling to.

this weekend, it's a bit more subtle,
warm, my heart feels it deep.


I hate giving advice,
but I just can't tell someone to go hard, to catch 'em
it does not work that way
there has to be an honest talent, joy,
unbridleness

I gave my camera to Haley,
and with much thanks,
she provided all of the great pictures!

Cheers Charm City, well done!

dlowe



2 comments:

Unknown said...

So much awesome in this. So. Much.

chrisscottistan said...

nice shots!!!
- but -
why do the stairs look soooooo small and easy in your image? - dang!!