Pages

5.23.2017

The Velosophers

I ride with certain people cause I like the way they ride.  Their skills, guile, experience, strength, the know when to close a door on someone, or a silent sweeper, making the 2nd to last rider in the group, not worry about it so much.

I ride with people cause they are good story tellers, just enough of the choice moments, and deprecation, and bravado, to entertain.

I ride  with people that I know will listen to my ramblings, about my ride, or race, the spewing recaps of the highlights of my take of the ride.


                                                view from last nights pint glass

Mondays are movie night, and movie night is filled with beer, pizza, bull shit, some snoring, and a movie.  Last night was Trainspotting II.
not so good,



This morning, was East Park Sprints. making my second appearance of the year.
The make-up of the largess group was a bit stocked with 2/3 males.
I tried my sitting in the back watching, and sneaking wheels up, out of the wind.
...not such a good day to do that.
A large number of the riders clogged the front, ....by the small uphill curve to set up the sprint, they were blowing,
down the hill blowing,
into and around the corner into the sprint, blowing
and all the way to the line, blowers.
repeat 7 laps.
It made it more challenging, I got lippy with a blown dude,
of course by all means, he was right, in blowing, in the middle of a downhill, into a corner, and
me taking a f'n awful wide line to avoid him.

Ha!  I like a bit of piss, old man yammerings, of angry words on a ride!

I learned a lot today, and had to work a bit harder, and think a bit more, look farther up the road for the lines, and I had to cheat a bit less, not able to sneak in there hiding on a pull of another riders wheel.

It was real nice to see the Featherman at the sprints, rolling in a lap late,  he looks strong.   Saw the Saint Clair pedaling in, as Featherman and I road out to get some coffee at Volo,  Of course it was very nice to sit and have a snarky chat about the ride, catch up a bit on life, enjoy a fine cup of coffee, and velosophies a bit.
I love my learning, the constant education of being a rider, with a simple love, riding a bicycle.

 Cheers to my fellow velosophers!
dlowe

No comments: