Pages

6.30.2015

oasis

I turned the corner into the hills of Gladwyne,  put in my ear buds and shuffled Oasis.



I skipped out on  finishing the Tuesday morning sprints,  I got a slow flat after a couple of laps, slow enough that I'd just pump it up once or twice and made it home.   Just as well,  my legs felt pretty good,  but I dug deep Sunday racing,  skipping a few hard sprints, and riding,  would do me better.

I day of Greentree on Sunday, (Course de Evesham-Marlton-Evesham) or maybe should be better know as "the sham",  I have to say it was "thee most BoBo"  put on race I've done.
the bikereg page had the bear minimum of information.   at the course, no day of sheets,  filled out a day license sheet, put my number on it somewhere, paid $45,  and wondered,  what time I'd be racing.
no bathroom,  long delays,  long delays from a crash,.... a long day of  non-chalanting care.

the race itself,   as soon as we got one lap done,  that was the grand world I lived in,
I had good legs,  it was a nice mix,  as the 35+ 45+ were combined.    A good counter break was made and 9 dudes made it up the road.   It took a while,   I got away with a rider,  a few more joined us and our dysfunctional break worked/lack of worked,  to somehow reel in the lead break, with two off its front.
We mixed in with two to go,  I got a good wheel out the last corner and held onto 7th.
I was beat to shit, and horse.     Ragged out, rung dry.

I had a blast,  but jeeze,  if your going to put on a race, where racers leave blood on your course, give it their soul.   Treat them with a bit of respect, honor, even if its just the motions,  Its a race,  we paid to race,  You as a promoter,  don't do the race, if you don't have the heart/$/care,  to make it a least a little bit of an event.




Cheers, dlowe

No comments: