Pages

7.06.2015

#9 Unorthodox SSCX

It has taken a number of years to make it to Water Ice Cyclocross ride #9 Unorthodox SSCX.
I  made up the route as we went,  what trail, road bit to take.
and I went the other direction, for the first time, starting at the shop, Cadence, and ending at Chloe's waterice stand, counter clockwise.
It seemed to roll better.
The night before the ride, I thought about it, linking it all together.
In the morning Kelly rode up to my house, helped me out by getting my eccentric bottom bracket tight, while I kitted up.  Ben parked and we rolled down.
There's never been a bad ride, ...flats, my crash, dropped riders, lost riders, some left behind.
The ride just rides by itself, as always, just finding its way, whatever.
To the end.
A lot of us sat at the Ice stand, some in the sun, the old men in the shade.
This is the bank, the deposits, for the tough, hard days,
injuries, bad luck, good legs put into the tape,
Numb toes,  the shivering in grid.
I ride easy, cause it makes me want go hard. .... but I hit up the Summit climb, pacing myself, then for a minute or two dug in, flying by the riders, flying up the hill, driving the SSCX bike strong,

Soon...
Granogue, you scare me, you do, but I am going to wrap my arms around you,
and hug you, and attack, and kick some ass, in the best I can ways!


the season has begun. 
clinics, grasstracks, "organized" semi-secret practice spots, spooky cx, Racing, lots of racing...  cowbells and  yelling at ya from the other side of the yellow tape, encouraging you, more courage, more,  courage....

dlowe.


Pics:
photo: Anne Rock

       photo: Jules Benson

       photo: Jules Benson

No comments: