Pages

12.08.2013

Mr. King Krule obliterated the f'n world

photo a.Gorka


its hard to type tonight.  Riding today, I reached out while riding to give the robot rider coming by down the tape the opposite direction a high 5.  It wrenched my thumb backwards.  Now its a bit purple and plump.      King Krule - "Cementality"

a long time ago, I was riding in the backseat of a car,  I think to get food, bumming a ride, I didn't have a car, I didn't need one.  the college I was attending, Ohio University, is in a small S. Ohio hill town, Athens.
I had just returned from a visit to Philadelphia, maybe '85.   visited the folks,  and saw Nick Cave the junkie, play at a dumpy bar.   I fell in love with Philly, I think that night. ... when I froze, stilled tongued, as Nick sat down on the bar seat next to me, ordered a bottle  of vodka and a glass of ice.   A few sips, moments, he was up on stage playing an incredible show.

"I'm moving to Philly"  I said.
"Why the fuck would you want to move to Philadelphia, that hole, I hate that place" the broad driving said.   I just pasted my lips together.  No argument from me, and I want some food.
Saturday night, in a bar venue, Johnny Brendas, there are no more dumps,  shows, even the small ones are at nice places.   to see King Krule. 

King Krule,

I don't know where the band's from, but I think the town, these lads, make it some place I'd want to see.
He plays,  the body is as important as, makes the music, as much, emotion can tweak, shake, simmer, out of his soul with words, notes.

I am Nature Boy,  and Cross Crit counter clock.  I'm Under '76,  and Beer Can Trail,  to Behind the Ice Rink drop in,  these parts of philly they are mine.  Me.    Horse legs, Boyz II Men, Stony stony.
Not to take ownership, but, my grasp on them, ...I ride them when I want, I've seen them in winter, drizzle, with friends, flats and broken spokes.  I know of every free spicket, for water on 100 degree days. 

my world was obliterated.
ssxcwc'13 at the plateau

by simple things, d.

No comments: