Pages

4.18.2010

Golden (monkey) Hour

I worked saturday, good for me, I missed racing and riding but I made much needed dough.   On my slow, traffic clogged drive home on 76w I looked longingly over at the drives, empty, windy, a crispy spring evening.   When I got home, I  cracked open a golden monkey to relax myself into the night.  I felt pretty good, but my eyes and mind kept glancing out the front picture window.  

Soon me and my Monkey buzz was kitting up, and leg up over the saddle on my way.   I had a little over a golden hour of sunlight left to ride in.  I stopped by a nice monument,


the golden rays backlighting the long row of trees


It was a very strong head wind, but every pedal stroke was enjoyed.



I saw French Henri and gave a wave as we passed.

I rolled up to the end of my street with 57mins on the bike, turned and added the last three, with a nice detour around the block. 
One golden hour.
cheers, david.

No comments: