Pages

1.13.2009

non-addictive

One of my trips up to cleveland, in the old days, with the band, we're hanging out and this wired guy comes in with a shopping bag. Back in those days they were sturdy paper bags. In his bag was a coffee grinder and beans. We are drinking beers getting down to making the noise we made and he made some "fresh coffee". I wasn't a coffee drinker, so I got a great buzz quick. Cleveland's gritty and the music is too real. The only band that was able to harness the power of Cleveland was Pere Ubu. They went beyond, into the flats, the terminal tower, and they sounded like the waves that lap up on the shores of lake Erie. This is about that power. Now I do drink espresso and such, but I like to go back to the roots of the bean. Pure coffee bliss is "turkish" coffee. Grind the bean, add to water, bring to boil 3 times, pour, settle and drink. Flip cup over and read the sediment. Get stuff done.

No comments: