Pages

1.11.2009

Energy





The Duke Spirit,



hometown sounding band, just nuts and bolts. Sounds not so good? Well its one of my favorite listens for 2008. It was a good weekend. Cold, but who wants to ride a trainer? got up this morning and started the big o'pot of coffee. I slipped on my moc crocs opened the door and headed out to grab the news paper. Nice chilly cold crisp crunchy walk to the end of the driveway. The road looked salted and reasonably dry/rideable. Perfectly challenging day for a good cyclocross bike ride.

The "clogs" are more dopey than dope, but my feet are warm and happy.

This year I've done something different. I've kept all my bike running. Sounds sorta strange, but usually when one goes down I would push it aside and just hop on the next working stead. I've got a SS 29er Mtb, Geared 29er Mtb, 2 cross bikes, and a road bike, waiting to be put "into the game". I want to get some pedal/spinning the legs time in so I went to the Trek XO1. Not my Cannondale Racin' stead, but my pit/workhorse trainer. I met Chad out on the road and
proceeded to put together a ride of roads, trails, paths and sidewalks all mished mashed together. Some nice ice covered everythings, notability 1 steep cut through trail I like, was a fun skidding ride o'rama, who knew if I was going over the lip and tumble down the hillside or just slide to a stop on the trail when it became flat again. Well I got caught riding under a big downed tree, all safe and sound. I don't know how Chad didn't just plow into me but he had it all under control. We'll we got a couple of hours in, found a nice place to fill our water bottles, and got a great ride in. Nothing like riding in the cold!
I won some beer bets cause of the Eagles, also had a great SS mtb ride with a bunch of friends on Saturday at Belmont. Got alotta laughs while downing beers and food at Earth, Bread and Brewery Friday. ahhhh..... sometimes life's just easy and good. Cheers, dlowe

No comments: