Pages

12.20.2008

BEZ

I got a nice 2.5 hr. road ride in today. Chilly 28 degrees. Not to bad. Just listened to music, drank from my slushy water bottle trying to finish it before it froze solid. Mostly I just pedaled and was lucky enough to be able to let my mind go blank. A tough task for me. Tomorrow I hope to get out in the elements on my single speed mountain bike. I plan to go ride the Belmont trails. I like riding in the woods in the winter. I don't mind the cold. I'll stop during the ride just to listen to the wind in the trees. The winter is a good time to ride Belmont, lots of stuff to find, lots of history under the trails. An amusement park, the trolley, a gravity railroad. and the overgrown brush of summer is dead. Once in a while you'll run into a west philly cowboy, a dead body, burned out cars, and a new trail with good flow. Road rides usually start or start at La Columbe, with Belmont I get my coffee fix from the Centennial Cafe, a cool old structure left over from the 1876 centennial fair.
If it rains. I'm loading up my MP3 player with the Happy Mondays and its to the gym.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yer twistin my mellon man. Y

:)