Pages

12.07.2008

ASS!







I just got back from a long chilly road ride, lots of wind, some nice tunes to listen to on my MP3 player, and some nice time to think. Some of my teammates are down in Reston racing, for most its their last race of the year. A few are going to nationals to race.
















I enjoy racing but its such a small part of why I ride. Maybe racing is just an excuse; that after a long road ride with friends I can sit and bullshit about winning some meaningless sprint. Going to the shop to consider some newer lighter, blinging bike parts. To share beers and stand around like big headed gladiators, after a tough day of racing in the mud. Cross is different than other types of bike racing. There are no freds in cross, no sitting in, no Rock Racin' attitude. Proportionally a "C" rider suffers just as much, or more than the elite "A" racer. There is no hiding from the suffering.
I don't see my season as over, I just love to ride, and racing is just a little aspect of it. I can't stay off my bike, or bikes. I like putting the time in on the trainer, going to the gym, long walks on the beach holding hands.... oops, wrong post. Anyone want to ride? Cheers dlowe


No comments: