Pages

6.05.2010

au pair

when I hunkered down at the line, listening for the beep to signal ten seconds,  I start to apply a bit of pressure.  and at the beep, I racheted back the pedal one notch, and in my head I count down.  At 3 I ease up the brakes, and give the holder some forward tension.  at one I try not to go, but somehow I sneak off the line before zero. I don't time trial much,  its not a bike I'd pull out of the shed and say, "hmm, be fun to go do some suffern."   During the whole ride I analize, just about riding, my current state, my future state... nothing about blogging, or thoughts on life.  and I cross the line, snap out of it, coast, swallow,... and just soft pedal.  and until the results are up, I just enjoyed the ride. 

Then with a scan of the results, my mind goes back to all the thoughts and feelings I had on the bike.  There, I could of saved a second.  and on. 


then home and onto a ride, a long ride, just me and the bike, no music, computer, or campanion.
a really good ride.
Cheers, d.

No comments: