Pages

5.30.2010

ps,....


 at times, I find myself holding my camera away from my body, pointing at the subject.  I imagine whats in front of the lens, what I would see if I had my eye to the view finder.   You don't have to be a tech. savoy to click and post.   I still search for photography to be an art. To have a soul. 

Movies have stories, themes, emotions.  Paintings can't help but reflect the artist that paints them.  The color choices, blendings, size, subject.  but Photography just point and shoot.  Every moment can be captured, more easily than every.  No need to worry about the cost of film and processing.  No worries about time spent in the dark room, committed to a print.  To a flake of dust sitting on the film, blocking the light and foiling a print.  At least in Still Film photography a committment had to be made to the art.  Closer to giving it a soul.

and if I point and click at everything that makes my soul feel something,  the speckled morning light, a gray mistted day,  does that give it soul?  Nope. 

I've always leaned towards the documentary styled photographer, immersed in an envirorment, capturing a story, that story comes close, the closest to soul. 

I love still photography, and this quandry.   Maybe its in the presentaion, maybe it can only illiminate, a element in the telling of a story. 

at times I slack, and post B-grade photos, for the quanity, for filling the page.

it was a good suffern' day on the bike racing yesterday.   I'm looking forward to cross.  cheers, dlowe.

No comments: