Pages

11.04.2008

Slip, ouch!

Well just got home from a night in the Hospital. What happened? , you ask. Did you trip carrying your large mug of beer? Maybe to much Headbanging to that dumb stoner rock you listen to? No, no. I fell on my bike. Not off my bike, but on to it. On my second lap of the Fairhill race, going over the cement wall, my shoes slipped on the mud covered cement. My feet went out from underneath me and my bike tried to catch me, seeing it does not have arms it didn't do the best job, and I plowed my ribs into the nose of the saddle. UMPH! Knocked the air out of me, but like all good amateur racers with nothing at stake, I hopped back on the bike and finished the race. Still a real fun race. Went out to a fun Halloween party as Gandhi, tried to MTB Sunday morning, did some yard work in the afternoon, and by Monday morning I figured out that maybe something was wrong. Went to the Hospital, two broken ribs and a real small hole in the lung. Spent the night for observations. A few mild painkillers and I'm ready to race. Shit, not quite. maybe next weekend with a note from my bike saying I won't crash. Oh well see you, in 4-5 weeks.
The shop sent out two tough guys to keep an eye on me, and make sure that I stay off of my bike.Cheers, dlowe.

No comments: