Pages

11.06.2008

Ines Rosale's Sweet Olive Oil tortas

Some things about riding a bike are so obvious, that sometimes you miss 'em. Drink very good coffee. I am lucky enough to have a La Colombe just across the river from me. I go for the Corsica. Dark and mellow, rich, but by no means bitter or sour. Eat NUTELLA on everything. and finally, one that's more of a special treat. Rosale's sweet olive oil tortas. I had my first tortas a few years ago during a trip to Spain. I was hooked after my first bite. I stocked up at the local Spanish market and brought as many as I could back with me. Hording them for special mornings, to have with coffee.

After going through all of them, I hopped on the computer and found a place LA TIENDA I could order them from, and read about their interesting history. There are some shops that sell them in the Philly area, so keep your eyes open for them.
Mmmm. I slather the nutella on my torta, pour a cup of Joe, and enjoy. I look out my front window, its gray, damp and chilly, and frickin' I AM READY TO RIDE! cheers, dlowe

No comments: