Pages

5.30.2018

Getting the Monkey

I love when its racing season, when the ideas are plump, and low hanging.
blogging is never easy for me, writing is a chore.
and the off season, the cup tends to be bone dry, with no words, soul,
few post
and I fret,
I like the feeling of a good post.

I love the Monkey Hill time trial.
This year, I put in a bit more effort, and prep.
I flew out of the holders hands, a point .0025 early, I stood on the pedals and despite his heavy metal t-shirt he had no chance of holding me to zero.
I was up on top of the pedals, so early, really strong, crushing it to the 1st left turn,
I wove through the pots holes, hit
the corner into the cobbles a tad slow,
muscle the way across the rattling rocks,
and made the right on to the first paved road.
Soon, I was blind,
some of it was allergies,
some, it's a grand state!, was over my head in effort.
I just stayed in the drops,
A rare day on the bike, when nothing matters except going hard.
and I did,
till the final turn
to the Monkey Hill.
I finished 3rd, but I feel, I robbed myself going up the cobbles,
losing at least 10 seconds with a missed shift,
the last bits, up to the line,
was days, heavy slow never going to end
almost to a stop to cross the finish line.
Not 1st.
3rd.


and of course It's nothing but a warm good feeling, thinking back on all the Monkey Hill TT's.
I have done.
I'll be back next year, and all my years after that.
Seems like a good place to race cx, and its a great named race,  The Monkey Hill.
it'd be prize, to win, for sure.

Cheers to second attempts!
dlowe


No comments: