Pages

7.11.2014

work




Every so often, I'm asked to work for below rate.
or on a freebie.

The other day, Wednesday, it was one of those, days,
the rate wasn't so good.
I did a lot of set ups.




I was hired by these four kids, part of a pre-college class they signed up for being taught by my friend Kim, who'd asked me to be a hands on quest lecture on Gripping/lighting.  I got to do a lot of talking, and being myself, and teaching a bit by letting 'em learn what they can on their own.  We did a bunch of lighting set ups in the studio.

after lunch.
We carried the equipment down the road over to Philadelphia City hall.
Each one took over,  and with not much care of all the foot traffic, and gawkers, were very focused on their work.
It was a good day.  The kids, all quite at first, all jumped in,  they each came up with cool shots, made witty jokes and worked hard.    

They don't know how to do it right,
or cared that there is conventions in doing it the right way.

or understand the rules, or know how to replicate others work, so they,  their stuff was fresh, and interesting to watch.

They couldn't fail, it was not that type of learning.  Art is cool that way, when you do things your way.

I think they got, that it means something to you, and if it only means something to you, fuck the rest of 'em anyway. 



I don't think I said fuck too much I hope.

I had the best bosses today.  for sure.





cheers, dl




No comments: