Pages

7.12.2014

Euro cut racing shorts

I finally got a mtbike race done.
Stoudts Summerfest  MASS relays and stuff.

                                    post racing - Gorka and Lowe, the "undynamic duo"


I raced duo with Gorka as my partner.
He took the start and first couple of laps.

I was just getting to the race when he was lining up to start.
Set up, kitted up, tagged up and raced my mountain bike.
Not motoring, just crusing, my laps, shaking it out.
Tagged Gorka in and cooled off.

                             Gorka,  the darling of the fans.

Next laps I saw the board,  posting places, we were 11th.  and it sunk in, this, not matter how laid back and chill,  it is a race.  I laid into it.   I went out and made the rest of all my laps hard.

We clawed and climbed up the results.

At the end, as Gorka finished and I tagged in, If,  I, hurried a bit we could get three laps in before time ran out.  I did take a quick beer feed on the second lap, had to.
and made it to the line with two minutes to go, so I got the third in.


I saw going out that we were just a hair behind, 6th.   I kept at it hard.
We ended up 5th.   No matter, so much as having something to push me that extra bit.
I was racing the mountain bike, seeing some big smiles, joking with friends, and had a blast.


good day for sure!
dlowe

No comments: