Pages

4.15.2014

Flames of Sweat

Woods - "Shepherd"






The Lu Lacka Wyco Hundo II
photo: Joe Mallis



I drove up to Wilkes Barre to ride the, Soul of Pat Engleman, the Lu Lacka Wyco.   Got a cheap clean room with Craig.  Went out for some Old Forge pizza to experience some localisms, and went to bed early.

It was a nice morning out,  off we went,  for a good day of riding.    I don't have any big long climb-ie rides in me, its been a while.  I felt good, even a bit peppy, in the front group, but they got going and I drifted back off, dropped, at about mile 40, and joined a group of peers.  We rode steady, joked, suffered, coached and pushed each other, on to the end.   Its not an easy 100 miles.   To finish at a brewery, Susquehanna Brewing Co., with lots of food, beer, laughing, that, that, was a great reward.  I have to say, I went up some of those climbs, staring at the ground, just hardly making the cranks go round, in the sun, suffering,  smiling.   This ride is a winner.   Dirt road, back roads, views, descents,  yapping dogs, Wind, and some climbing.

Thanks Pat Engleman, and your amazing crew of helpers.


I'd would of liken to take a plenty of pictures on the ride,  many, many, beautiful views, of suffering, and landscape.
The ride, it don't give you much room, to do anything, but give it your all.  Just all to the bike.

my Best Regards, dlowe

photo: Peter Bakken

                                           photo: Pat Engleman



                                                photo: Peter Bakken


      photo: Pat Engleman


                                             photo: Pat Engleman      



         




No comments: