Pages

4.17.2011

bloke

mmmm...  I do like racing my road bike,  at times each one of my bikes takes a brow beating from me, but I love them all.  


Today, and yesterday, I did my best but all I could muster was just riding as a bloke.  I fell short of having any tools or hope of finding anything epic in my form or in the effort I could put out.

as things planned out today I pedaled out to the race (lower provd. crit 1,2, 3) into a head wind, steady and strong, with George, I didn't have much to say so I was ether sitting on his wheel or working in the wind.

I did my work in the race, and less than 2/3rd's in, gaps and my lack of speed/power,  I was dropped.

sitting in the group, while I race, I now like to think I am the worse racer, skill wise, on the course, "what can I do to improve?'  I ask myself.     Smoother, less degrees of accelerations and braking in and out of corners, hold your wheel with out being a bully, move sooner around slower riders/less skilled,  find a big strong smart wheel and stay on it... ect,  I can think a lot just spinning in those fast crit circles.

Watched the finish, It hurts not finishing, even coming across the line last is better than pulling out.

We headed home, most of the ride was silent, me in front, chomping on the pedals, chomping...

I need to be a minion.

I took out the trash


I pried the tops off beers.



Cheers, and hope you have the tools  to go fast.  To have an epic suffer and finish last, to feel like you have a hand on your back pushing you along, and crossing the line first.    dlowe


on a side note,  my side project,   the blog "in my ear Hole"  has been really cool and good to me, and I've got some great music leads from it,  I have room for a few more Contributors, if any of you feel inclined.  I am a bit picky, so if you have a bit of thick skin, and got IT,  apply.

this song is from a posting lead .  real cool, cold, burrrr

Kashmere Stage Band - Headwiggle

thank neodem for the music

No comments: