Pages

7.05.2021

Luft

There is a jawnty style, a swagger that is a non swagger. a free floating confidence, happy, loved, strong, alive.


       photo: Brian Biggs

A spirit that floats, made up of the tinyest specs of life that moves through the air, through us.
If a small breeze comes along it lifts the balloon and the short cord slips through and released from the hand of a child,  we float, for a bit lifting up, but not away,  looking down at, and decided to return to the child's hand.

A funny thing about luft, is you can't rule it, but that it has rules.   And luft only lives, with others around you.    Sorta like if you had an instagram account and posted the most outstanding selfies, but you had no followers. 

I love a world where you don't need rules, and people are good, and you don't think about why you are smiling.  


I have memories, of people and their luft, and saddly they are not around anymore.
That one moment, of saying cheers! and looking into the others eyes, and the beer tasted Tasty!

Paintings have luft,  songs, birds on the birdfeeder, their early morning chirping, coming in an open morning bedroom window.  Things like bikes in general don't have luft,  maybe their are a few, that have acquired that spirit, but it was the spirit of the ride, not the bike. 


You really can't count on what life is going to give or take from,  you definitley don't control when. 
but it does seem like, you can even be strangers with someone, and for some common reason, there is luft.  For that short event, maybe working in a break-away together, or just stopping to help fix a flat, and ending up with an interesting conversation. 

I've always applied, a spit polish, to my bike, not literally, ...but I know, and respect, how that machine has put me place, and made me meet peolple, and symbolicly whatever bike that I pull out of the shed, for whatever ride to where ever, I know I'm lucky, and try to shake my anger, not take to serious the workout, and definetly know that what ever happens, that the luft is important. 

Cheers!  

Thanks for coming out and, ride after ride, never let me down, Here is a big toast to you, Cheers!
Water Ice CX '21 "Harry Horray!"

david

No comments: