Pages

6.27.2021

Pin-up

I just want to write like old days, like a garden hose left on, and the water gushing out, on a hot day. a Niagra Falls on dopey 4 year olds, in underwear, and smiles. Flowing free, un-restricted, and cold. I've had so much other stuff on my mind. but today, I pinned up, clicked in, and raced. Not a smart race, like most of my crits, but a dreamy race, and pretty good legs, feeling like there is lots of potential. At a recent Thursday evening GV30 training crit, a rubber band snap I was right where I always was again, closing a gap, big gap, unfathonable doable gap, and behold a rider is with me, on my wheel, and I'm a bit spent, and my hearts apound about 200 beats a minute, and I ask, "can you pull?" as I look at him, and smell spent cap gun bullets. That smell....is good, and the break went away and we sat back in the field. I pin-up every race to win it. It's nice to fall asleep after a bit of nervous tossing, to the imagined story, of somehow a miraculos outcome, legs never giving up and going off the gile at the only correct second that the universe gives, and I cross the line, to stand atop the box, winner. I respect honesty so much more today. I want to make sure to feel the joy of every catastorphy racing could every bring, if I never win ever agin, that's ok. Just as long as I have the dreams, as I pin-up. Cheers! dlowe

No comments: