Pages

9.24.2017

Sun Set Lake

am I the last one standing,
wheezing, with a broken rib, a bit of blood, making its way into my lung?
The town, a 50mph two way street shooting down the middle of it.
smells like dryer sheets,
grease doughnuts,
brake pads,
broken down cars, big windowed emptyed 60's shops, jacked up 4x's with black tinted windows.
I sat in the back of my small van, eating my post race sandwich.  Drinking a comtemparay small batch hoppy rye beer.
Parked by the soccer fields.
Hot day, for September and each small landscaping stunted small breeded tree, it's puddle of shade had a family in it, watching the sports.

I had a good weekend of racing, up by the Black River.
on Saturday.  Just again, faster, but not quite, roaring.  a 3rd place, took the two up sprint, and a bit of tape as I hit the last corner really hard.




and today, I pack for a flight to San Diego in the morning.
Cleaned out the van. sent a text to Kelly on his well played win today.

but am I the last cross blogger standing?

It was never a very pure art form, ugly, poor, self centered centric.

I reach over and sip the bourbon, that Glenn and Rebecca gave me, from super-CX.

and I was never up there with the good ones, nah, I'd always sorta shake my head,
after reading, "man, I don't got nothing, and what I got, just comes in un-natural spurts"

 Raced 50+ today,  I got away in the lead group of 6, Man, smoking it, the sandy corners,
dis-honest lines, getting away.
I sputtered a bit, lost a spot, then the bloke sneaking up on me, he got close
And I smacked it, haymakers to the line,
...I'm not sure he was even chasing hard, but Hell, I didn't wait and see, cause, I did not want to lose another spot. 7th.


I love cross, I hugged Bob Joo's after the race, him in the pits working, "thanks Bob"

You need,....   I mean, I need that voice, Loud and Clear, not that I hear it much, but I hear it more when it's not there,


and I am standing, sure I can take a punch, and fall back on the ropes
not pretty at all by this time in the fight
not pure at it,
but sure, I want to win
real sure of it.


cheers, dlowe





No comments: