Pages

9.17.2017

Nits


I'm in the grid day two, the sun is out, and its hot for cross.
Looking forward at the blank slot in row one.
does no one else notice
that's all I can see, so big, from three rows back
Deep into the conventing,..... far off, is that my name, "d.lowe,..david,  David Lowe..."
and my fellow front row riders, were calling me up, to fill that spot
I rolled into it, and nodded with a true utter deep humble respect,
When the whistle blew I went and got the hole shot.


I put so much out last year, I honed and refined, and thought, and trained all I could.  I just felt a zest.
I mean I really got pummeled, and beat down, in all really stronger making ways racing that last year in the 45+'s.    so My first year, last year,  in The 55's, I was the new kid with handgrandes and something to prove.

This year I've come in with the sphomore effect.
not with the Unbridled, ignorant, head strong, whatever it takes, keep it going, confidence.
of last year.  It's to easy to drift back into the race.

It is very young in the season, just 4 races in.
and finaly the last lap today,
I started to feel that believe in myself again, to feel a bit honed.
After getting the hole shot, I popped a bit, and drifted back, felt that not uncommon feeling of I don't have it today, pack it up and quit, I'm slow, with not much heart.
but I stayed at it,
 and the last lap,
I felt it, that zest.  I got at it.

a  5th yesterday, but, and,  a most invigorating, 7th today.


a few pics of elite women racing




                 
and if you see me, with a blank stare, drolling, don't let up,
cause I'll hunt you down, If not for 1st then for 13th, or 30th or second to last, cause.
cause, I signed up to race,  and when I walk up to what ever the results are taped to,
I'm going to get a bit of satisfaction, of given it my best.

thanks Gentlemen 55+ simple things can be quite meaningful ,...and
 I'll will do my best.

d.lowe

No comments: