Pages

6.12.2017

a little Rash

Riverton Criterion

you ether make it,  or are like the majority, barely hanging on, or not surviving at all.

I came into corner 3, on the outside, calm, 2 deep, feeling good.
I was riding the race in Hockey Shifts.  Going hard, in the shortest time burst I could manage, gliding up and into the corners conserving pedaling, keeping the rest level higher than the going hard levels.

In the apex, the tires let loose, just may of been a little rough road, coming into the corner too hot, or just a poor line over-confident choice.   and I slid across the ground,  to gawking spectator faces, looking at me.

Riverton is a good hometown race, of the highest quality, and to finish, to win, its a statement.

I should of headed to the pit, and jumped back in.   My mind said, check yourself out, your lucky you did not take anyone else out, and that  it looks like all you got, was a bit of road rash.

Its a hard way to leave a race, Is there an easy way?

I stayed and had a couple of beers, chatted with friends, and wore my badges of dis-honor, my medic wrapped arm, and leg,...  not proudly, but truthfully.


                                                          American Crit Racing 
       photo: Ron Short Photography.


See you next year Riverton.    Cheers! dlowe

No comments: