Pages

8.28.2016

The Chair

Cross of the Corn


I looked at this years version, as pre-season, to shake it out, get into the flow of prep, raceday ritual, cool down and recovery.  The race,  Hot as always,  bumps loose dirt corn field,  it has its flow, and this course, despite it's un-appreciated early August race date,  is starting to earn its spot on my calendar .  The sizes of each field is smaller, but there is very good talent at the race, no cheery picking here.

I came back to my car after my race, all red faces drippy sweat,  and sat in its shade.

   
and there, it was, The Chair.


I like the chair,  I know who's it is, and happy to know it means they are racing.


This year I've truly become a cyclocross racer,  I mean, I did two crits, and the Monkey Hill TT,  that is it.   I've become focused on cross.    Last year,  was, unexpected, and during the season,  I was not confident that I could keep up.  I was leaving it all out there, sometimes getting the better, but often getting my fair share of getting slapped around.   Last year, I went to my first Nationals,  I did not ride great, but, I got it under my belt, took it all in, tried to remember, and feel, to learn everything I could.
I don't know what drives me to race, I don't know.
and when I am down, hurt, beat, I learn something.
When I am on, I need to learn how to temper it, just right.
Today I got to do something that I have not done in a long time.  I road at the front of the race,  I came around, turned the screws a bit,  I wanted to show the men following me, what I've got, just a flash.


Cheers to the Chair!
dlowe




No comments: