Pages

7.04.2008

The Blue One

Rally round the Raleigh.


Jez… we’ve got some great places to ride around here.


....and one of my favorite bikes in my shed is the Raleigh XXIX .






It’s a 29’er single speed mountain bike. Today I took it out for a spin at the mighty Wissahickon http://www.fow.org/map.php .
I remember the first time someone on a SS passed
me at the Wiss., I was impressed. I had a hard time
making it on a geared suspension bike let alone a
rigid singlespeed.
I put in my time and soon enough I had the legs to make the complete lap of the park on a SS myself.

Me and the SS usually hang out more in the winter, good for the strength and spinning. Some how I've been out on 'im more this summer. Get home from work, hop on, and pedal.



If you ever want a MTB to ride this is the one to start with. It’s cheap and durable, simple cause it’s a SS, and you got great parks to ride around here. Ya fool get cool and get down to the shop http://humanzoom.com/index.cfm and get the blue one.
Crack open a PBR and get out there.

No comments: