Pages

7.10.2008

Big Crit, Big Motor, small tank

I tried to get up to the line early; getting a good start is the only way you’re going to make it. The Iron Hill Criterium course is short and fast. 15 minutes to race time and I was three rows off the front line. I get a good jump at the start and go right to the top ten. I like the corners and can move up there. After a few laps, it slows a bit and I go to the front. I want to keep up the pace. I know that behind me, there will be some hard braking into the corners, some bad lines and some crashing.



As I ride past the top 5 or six guys I give a shout, “lets go, work, hang on to my wheel...” and I blast into corner one at top speed, curb to curb. I look back and I gapped off the front, I don’t have the fitness to go and no ones working to catch on. I sit
up and coast into the next corner and jump back
into the field on the down hill. I ride up front for a
while and drift to the back, and with 6 laps to go I’ve got an empty tank and coast across the line
and pull out.








It’s a fun race with a big crowd, and hanging out afterward having a beer, and watching racing with the gang was a great time

No comments: