Pages

6.08.2008

The Headless Buddah


The Headless Buddha

For many years I have ridden past this Buddha. He lost his head a few months ago. Gone.
There are always gifts laid out on the table. I always give a wave and a nod to the Buddha. I don't know why, I don't know anything about him, and I am not at all religious. I always wonder, if I was bonking or thirsty, could I grab an orange and a drink of water? Could he give me focus and insight, a inner strength I could use? Some kind of magical powers? Not much more than that.
When I first heard that someone took his head, I expected his statue and shrine to be removed. I was quite happy to see him on my next ride, despite being headless. Somehow now I feel more connected to him. He endures on, and when I look at him, I see the body and form, his gold cape. I see air where his stone head was, and in the air I see ideas and thoughts. My mind automatically puts a vague head on him. Its like someone took a stopper off a bottle and all the contents are aromatically flowing out into the air, and into my mind. Now as I ride past, I slow and nod to him, and my mind wonders and fills with many interesting and new ideas.

No comments: