Pages

8.06.2008

Sand riding

My Sand Pit



I’ve been doing my Wednesday work-outs by myself. Getting back up to speed on my dismounts, shouldering the bike, running and remounting. It’s starting to come around.
Tonight I met Chad and Caitlin for some skills and technique drills. We did the usual drills, then with kid like anticipation, headed over to the Sand pits. There is a lot of sand in cross racing, so it was good practice and quite fun, bombing into the pit at full speed, motoring through, with the tires a churning and the bike getting all squirrelly. The best was flying down hill at full speed, dismounting, making the corner and running with the bike back up the hill and out of the pit. A little spinning around the drives for a cool down, some nice chatting, and another step closer to racing.

No comments: